Located in Largo Giuseppe Ricucci, once the heart of the old town of Cetraro in the Middle Ages, the Palace was built in 1091 AD and once was the seat of the representative of the Abbot of Monte Cassino, who was granted spiritual and temporal power upon the village. As recalled by a plaque (Fig. 2) found in the garden of the Palace and currently visible at the entrance, the building was restored in 1691 AD. Once there were prisons situated in the basements, now partly buried, while the ground floor hosted the Court, and the rooms on the upper floor (accessed by a staircase) were the dwellings of the family. The interior of the Palace was adorned with sober decorative stuccoes and delicate frescoes.