Built together with the adjoining convent of the Capuchins in the first half of the XVII century, the original structure was composed of a single hall and an octagonal room on the left of the entrance. It underwent several improvements over the centuries. In the following decades, the convent became very important and had Blessed Angelo of Acri as Father Guardian. When the old church of St.Peter was closed in 1923 AD, the convent church, initially dedicated to St. Sebastian, became a parish and was dedicated to St. Peter the Apostle. In the second half of the XX century, the church underwent other restoration and finishing works, which regarded both the inside (1977 AD) and the facade.
Consists of a single nave and two chapels dedicated to St. Anne and Our Lady of Sorrows, the Church is characterised by a pavilion vault that surmounts the presbytery. The main wooden altar, with a clear Capuchin style, was built in 1746 AD and includes 5 oil paintings created in 1635 AD by Giovan Bernardo Azzolino, a esponent of the late-Mannerist movement of Naples.
At the centre there is the Madonna and Child with Angels, while in the side compartments are depicted, from the left and clockwise: St. Sebastian, St. Benedict the Bishop, St. Anthony of Padua with the Child, St. Francis of Assisi.
The other interior decorations date back mostly to the modern age: in particular, on the ceiling of the nave there are frescoes by Domenico Carioti, while on the wall there is a XVIII-century painting attributed to Saverio Riccio from Terranova, depicting the Last Supper, a copy of a painting made by Tintoretto in Venice.