Former residence of the family Throne, hence the name, the Palace is one of the mayoral most representative buildings of the old town of Cetraro. In 1983 the entire property was sold to the City of Cetraro by the last descendant of Don Ciro Throne, the latter awarded in 1925 by King Vittorio Emanuele III of the title of Knight of the Order of the Crown of Italy.
After a few years of purchase of the City Palace was provided to start the work of static consolidation of all local and restoration of the stylistic features of the building were completed in 1996. Located in Piazza del Popolo, and preceded by a broad pavement lined the Palace shows an imposing neoclassical architecture , expanded in 1894 and therefore affected by the eclectic style of the period in the decorations or the assembly of Renaissance and Baroque motifs .
The elegant façade topped by swirls , spirals , shelves and finely forged railings , balconies has surmounted by semicircular gables punctuated by pilasters with Ionic capitals in the lower section of the prospectus and the Corinthian at the top.
Two sturdy magnolias above the main entrance marked by a large skylight door equipped with radial and wrought-iron portal tuff Fuscaldo with molded arch surmounted by the coat of arms consists of a shield Throne sannitico topped by a crested helmet in profile . The same is repeated adorned with flourishes in a fresco on the ceiling of the hallway where stands together with the initials of Vincent Throne who in 1791 built the palace.
Given a real cultural center, today the Palace houses inside various institutions, among them the Museum Cartographic which together with the Public Library full of old books occupy the rooms on the 1st floor, the Telematic University Giustino Fortunato Benevento 2 floor and the Archaeological Museum of Brett and Sea salt served in the attic on the 3rd floor.
Within the complex is a remarkable also various cultural spaces, such as the Hall of Temporary Exhibitions normally employed for the realization of exhibitions and art of various kinds, and the conference room equipped with all comforts and often required for the presentation of books, conferences, seminars, lectures, and the Hall of representation used for the celebration of marriages in a civil ceremony, and finally, in the rear where the building is located in a lush garden of summer cultural events organized by the Town Council as equipped with a stage on a permanent basis in a semicircle and a grandstand capable of seating about 200 people.